March 4-5th Student Led Conferences
March 6th No School
March 19-20th 3rd Quarter Late Work Due
March 26 End of Third Quarter
March 27th No School Grade Transmittal Day
- Principal: Larry Urry
- Assistant Principals: Tim Heumann, Amber Zdunich
- Address: 8292 S. Skyline Arch Drive, West Jordan, Utah 84081
- Phone: 801-412-2475 Fax: 801-412-2490
- Mascot: Falcons
- School Colors: Black, Burgundy & Silver
The mission of Sunset Ridge Middle School is to ensure academic excellence, developmental responsiveness, and social equity in order to educate our students to be productive citizens in their changing world.
We believe each and every student has the desire and ability to be successful.
We believe school must create an engaging, relevant and rigorous environment where students feel safe to take appropriate risks.
We believe in opening doors of opportunity for each and every student.
We believe implementation of middle level best practices will improve the performance of our students.
We believe in learning as the constant with time and support the variables
We believe literacy is learned and best taught across the curriculum.
We believe the spirit of collaboration improves student achievement.
We believe families must be included as an integral Part of the school community.
Opening for the 2005-2006 school year, Sunset Ridge Middle School is one of Jordan District’s newest middle schools, located in one of the fastest growing areas in the Salt Lake Valley. The school’s architectural design lends itself to an atmosphere of cooperative teaching and learning. Administrators, teaches, community members and students come together in effort to provide students with educational and social experiences conducive to meeting and mastering basic skills essential to productive living and good citizenship.
- The school is implementing research-based practices that best meet the needs of students in the middle grades.
- Teachers work collaboratively to create educational experiences that are rigorous and relevant.
- The school focuses on being academically excellent, socially equitable and developmentally responsive.
- Sunset Ridge currently serves 1513 students in grades seven, eight and nine.
- School is in session for 180 days a year on a traditional nine-month calendar with the summers off. School hours are from 7:50 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.
- The pupil/teacher ratio is 1 to 27.1 in grade 7 and 8, and 1 to 27.3 in Grade 9, but actual class sizes vary.
- The curriculum meets or exceeds district and state core curriculum standards and includes a wide range of required and elective courses.
- The faculty includes a mix of veteran and new educators. All are state approved and well prepared in their teaching fields. Both teachers and administrators undergo formal evaluations on a regular basis. The standards of excellence are high throughout the faculty and staff
- A full resource team, school psychologist, counselors, and teachers are on staff to serve students with special needs.
- Students are expected to attend classes regularly and to comply with the school’s Code of Conduct. A computer tracking system helps monitor attendance.
- Character education and excellence programs encourage students to do their best by rewarding academic achievement, good citizenship, exemplary attitudes, exceptional effort, and improvement.
- Hot lunches and breakfasts are provided daily. The student breakfast price is $.90 and the lunch price is $1.75.
- School volunteers are an important asset to our school. Visitors are always welcome. Please check in at the main office for a visitor’s pass before going to classes or moving through the building.
- Parents and students have 24-hour access to current grades and attendance with the school’s online Power School program.