SCHOOL LUNCH & BREAKFAST
Lunch prices are $2.00/day with a-la-carte available. A second lunch purchased the same day is $3.00. Breakfast is $1/day from 7:15 to 7:45 Monday –Thursday and Fridays 9:15 to 9:45. Lunch money may be deposited online using Skyward. Lunch deposits can be paid with registration but on a separate check if not paying on line. No checks will be cashed or change given for vending machines. Sunset Ridge Middle School is a closed campus. Students will be considered truant if off school grounds during lunch.
Sunset Ridge wants to keep you informed about your school.
Please note the several methods we use:
- Skyward Family Access
- Sunset Ridge online http://srms.info
- Twitter @Falconsrms
- PTSA newsletter (on the school web site and e-mailed through skylert)
- School Newsletter sent via e-mail through Skyward/Skylert
- Various mailings and handouts
SRMS provides support and opportunities for students to increase learning and effectiveness in the following ways:
- iFlight – held 2 days a week for students to receive help with concepts and classwork.
- Teacher Advisory (TA) – 8th period on your students schedule. Grade checks, character education, etc… Students will receive a Pass/Fail for this class.
- Academic Skills Academy (ASA) – for students who are identified by their teachers who need increased support. This academy is during lunches and Friday mornings before school. ASA is referral-based.
- Math Lab – before/after school Tues – Thurs.
- One-on-one Assistance – Teachers are available before and after school for individual help. Please have your student take advantage of this service.
- The PTSA benefits Sunset Ridge in many ways and provides leadership opportunities as well as activities and programs for students
- PLEASE support our PTSA!!! Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/srmsfalcons and Follow us on Twitter @FalconSRMS
The mission of Sunset Ridge Middle School is to ensure academic excellence, developmental responsiveness, and social equity in order to educate our students to be productive citizens in their changing world.
We believe each and every student has the desire and ability to be successful.
We believe school must create an engaging, relevant and rigorous environment where students feel safe to take appropriate risks.
We believe in opening doors of opportunity for each and every student.
We believe implementation of middle level best practices will improve the performance of our students.
We believe in learning as the constant with time and support the variables
We believe literacy is learned and best taught across the curriculum.
We believe the spirit of collaboration improves student achievement.
We believe families must be included as an integral Part of the school community.
- The school is implementing research-based practices that best meet the needs of students in the middle grades.
- Teachers work collaboratively to create educational experiences that are rigorous and relevant.
- The school focuses on being academically excellent, socially equitable and developmentally responsive.
- Sunset Ridge currently serves approximately 1600 students in grades seven, eight and nine.
- School is in session for 180 days a year on a traditional nine-month calendar with the summers off. School hours are from 7:50 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.
- The pupil/teacher ratio is 1 to 27.1 in grade 7 and 8, and 1 to 27.3 in Grade 9, but actual class sizes vary.
- The curriculum meets or exceeds district and state core curriculum standards and includes a wide range of required and elective courses.
- The faculty includes a mix of veteran and new educators. All are state approved and well prepared in their teaching fields. Both teachers and administrators undergo formal evaluations on a regular basis. The standards of excellence are high throughout the faculty and staff
- A full resource team, school psychologist, counselors, and teachers are on staff to serve students with special needs.
- Students are expected to attend classes regularly and to comply with the school’s Code of Conduct. A computer tracking system helps monitor attendance.
- Character education and excellence programs encourage students to do their best by rewarding academic achievement, good citizenship, exemplary attitudes, exceptional effort, and improvement.
- Hot lunches and breakfasts are provided daily. The student breakfast price is $.90 and the lunch price is $1.75.
- School volunteers are an important asset to our school. Visitors are always welcome. Please check in at the main office for a visitor’s pass before going to classes or moving through the building.
- Parents and students have 24-hour access to current grades and attendance with the school’s online Power School program.